Tuesday 17 March 2009

Keeping Busy

Mike has been away these past 2 weeks or more.
So I have kept myself busy.
He's also got the camera with him so it's not possible to show any photos of what I've been up to while he's been away.
But I take so many photos anyway that I've usually got photos to hand for most eventuality.
So what have I been up to?
Well these chaps and chapess keep me on my toes.

Though you would never think it to see them in these pictures here!

Paddy has an internal clock that tells him,
(so therefore me),
when it is time for him to eat,
and when it is time to go for a walk.
He is very insistent,
if I don't respond straight away.
And once Paddy is up
then Rufus gets up


and together they vie for my attention.
Like jealous little children
If it was just Jewel and I on our own we could just cuddle up together.
She is very quiet in the house.
As can be seen from the above photos
they are typical greyhounds.
They like to spend a lot of time sleeping.
They are known as 45 mile an hour couch potatoes.
So when they are sleeping,
and all is quiet,
apart from a snore,
or two,
I have been sewing.
I have joined the Great Hexagon Quilt Along,
(I really must find out how to put logos on my side bar),
which is an attempt to complete my hexagon quilt.
Perhaps this year sometime!
Man vet aldrig.
What a useful Swedish saying that is,
(you never know).
I have also been doing some other sewing similiar to the ATC's,
(artist trading cards),
shown here.
I said in a previous post (Catching Up), that I would show these.
Today has been lovely and sunny,
a bit like the UK I believe,
so I thought I would add a suitable photo.
Blue skies!
Please forgive me for not adding links.
My computer just doesn't want to play ball.
Or is it just Blogger that won't let me?
Is anyone else having similiar trouble?
Another problem is the spacing just doesn't stay as I type it.
It re-configures when it gets posted!
Most frustrating.

12 comments:

"JeanneG" said...

Yummy buns in that top photo. Care to share the recipe? Your couch looks like mine...always full of dog. I love seeing the photos of your babies. I have a yellow lab and red golden retriever.

Candace said...

Well, as always I find all sorts of great things here, and what lovely lovely "children" you have. Haha. Molly Brown is just fine, thanks for asking. She is relaxing more these days and acting like such a clown.
Yes, the snow is gone here and we have temps in the high 60s, low 70s Fahrenheit, so no complaining these days!
Thanks for the visit, Lynne!
Candace

Anonymous said...

Hallo Lynne, i always enjoy these great pictures of Jewel, Paddy and Rufus.The way they are so relaxed wouldn't it be great to be able to be so relaxed as well :))
Greetings, Janneke.

noelle said...

hi lynne, i love the dogs just 'chillaxing' there on the sofa, not much room for you then. bit like our house! noelle x

Helen said...

Hello Lynne. I love these pictures of your dogs.
Thank you for taking the time to drop by and answer my queries. I think that for now I have decided to not re-home another greyhound. We are getting on so well, Lady knows our routine, and what we expect of her in our family, and things are relatively easy, so I think to rock the boat at the moment would not be a good idea. Maybe it is something I will re-consider in the future, but for now it would be a mistake. Mind you, I did have a wobbly about that decision earlier in the week when the latest edition of our greyhound rescue news-sheet dropped onto the mat. They are looking for a home for a 2 year old male grey who is coming over from Ireland. He is going blind, can just see shapes now, it is in-operable and they want him to go straight into a home, not kennels, so that he can adjust to his home before losing his sight entirely. I thought 'Oooh, I could do that'. I didn't tell my husband, just mulled it over in my mind, and eventually good sense prevailed! Look forward to speaking to you again sometime. Helen x

Heidi said...

Loved the story of your babies being a busy lot while you showed us the photos of sleep, sleep and more sleep. :) They don't look lively to me...lol. I love seeing your house in the snow. Do the dogs like the snow?

How wonderful that you joined the hexagon group. I am sure you will finish the quilt now that you have set your mind to it. I have a hexagon going too. It is one I am reproducing of a quilt from a museum in the US of a Dutch immigrant. Can we see your project in progress? Please? :)

Hugs ~
Heidi

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Hi Lynne, just love your dogs! Your hand work is beautiful. Such pretty photos. Have a great weekend,blessings,Kathleen

Childers Corner said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog! You have a very nice blog, I love all of the colors and your beautiful dogs! You quilt squares are gorgeous.

Sarah said...

I find that with the type now so I don't try anything fancy! I upload my photos first too then add the text afterwards. Look forward to seeing your sewing when you get the camera back. In the meanwhile it is soothing to look at happily sleeping dogs! Oh-and it kind of rained/stormed/sleeted and galed here today!

Teresa said...

I see your pooches are as spoiled as my kitties (even as I type Bailey is curled up asleep on my bedspread).

Love your fabric ATC cards... what fantastic colors!

Sarah said...

Hi again!
I love those little fabric cards too.
I have not had trouble with links-yet! Hopefully it will sort itself out. I sometimes have trouble with photos uploading on their sides-no idea why! It is all a computer mystery to me. Just glad the whole thing exists so we can have thes lovely cyber friendships!

Connie said...

Lynne, I love the photos of your dogs. They seem so peaceful sleeping. But I love when they are frolicking in the snow outside too.

I know what you mean about Blogger having a mind of its own. Quite often it does unexpected things for me--it is very frustrating.

Your blog always looks great to me. Hope you have a wonderful day! :)