Monday 20 June 2011

Gardener's World, or Spot the Presenter


Watching Gardener's World Friday evening on the TV, I was reminded that I had some photos from last year that I have not shared with you. (In fact I have quite a number of photos that have not made it to this blog)!
Gardener's World is a long running BBC programme. During the summer Gardener's World and BBC Good Food programmes combine to present an exhibition at Birmingham's NEC Centre. Last year I won two VIP ticket's for it. So my sister and I went along. We had a fabulous time. The VIP tickets gave us access to a lounge where we could sit and rest our feet, and drink endless cups of tea, any time we felt in need. We had a wonderful time. I really should have told you all about it when I got back- sorry.
Well the show has been taking place these last few days, so I got my photos out from last year. A nice reminder of a wonderful day out last year. So I'll share them with you now.


With so much to see, and so many people, I was eager to make a start. We began with the show gardens. The textiles caught my eye in these first two photos.

A garden for football fans.


A garden for wildlife.


A garden for sitting in and enjoying the plants close up.


In the pink.


The next garden shows a neat way to keep your vegetable garden tidy. It was used by the BBC for the presenters to meet the public and answer questions about gardening.


Above you can see Joe Swift being presented, and below Carol Klein.


I was particularly interested to see the Good Food Halls.


 Above, Andi Peters, below, James Martin.


With the VIP tickets, I got two tickets (on the front row) for Masterchef.


Above John Torode and below, Gregg Wallace.


I've included a second photo of Joe Swift, just because I like it.


Despite being so keen to see eveything to do with food, and incidentally winning the tickets through Good Food, the plants were the stars of the show for me.
Below is a garden based on Alice in Wonderland.


But the best bit was the plant hall. After seeing everything, that is where we spent most time.
Can you blame us?...






My sister bought some lovely rose bushes. I had to content myself with some Lily corms. That's all I could get in my case. They're due to flower soon.

Passing the Lake District on the way back to my sister's, there was the most fabulous, memorable sunset.
But guess what, my camera was in the boot of the car, and we were on a motorway, so no stopping.
What a beautiful end to a great day out.

4 comments:

Connie said...

Great pictures, Lynne! The flowers and gardens are so pretty. That must have really been neat to see. Sounds like a really fun day! :)

Kath said...

Sounds glorious!
Love the Indian theme.

Anonymous said...

How fun to have won VIP tickets, Lynne. These photos are superb and I know you and your sister had a great time. So much to see and do and a place to rest and have tea too! Please show us your lilies when they bloom.

Claus said...

Of course flowers are the main attraction! They make you smile!, and provide the most wonderful surroundings. Beautiful.
have a lovely day!