Friday 22 July 2011

Morning Walk




All these photos were taken during this mornings walk.
I thought Mike might appreciate them seeing as he's missing our walks with the hounds.
Even though most of the photos are of flowers.


I took a circular route
near the top of the hill.






The grapes are getting bigger,
and there's lots of them this year.


The hounds caught an interesting scent.
It's certainly thick enough to hide an animal or two in there.


This bird caught my attention.
It's call was a 'click clack' sort of sound.


I tried to get closer but it would fly a bit further away.


I don't know what it was.
I looped the hound's leads over a post to follow it,
but it got away without me getting a decent shot of it.


Turning round,
I thought the hounds looked sweet waiting for me
amongst the flowers.
Here's Rufus.


I tried to upload more photos,
I had some of Paddy.
But Blogger had had enough.
Me too,
I'm off to bed.
The computer is acting up again.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Lynne, What a lovely walk you had. That first flower is known here as the Pincushion Plant! I am not sure, but the bird might be a Towhee. I hope you will add more pics later of the hounds in the flowers; so very sweet!
Greetings to Mike also.
Take care and have a nice weekend.

Connie said...

I enjoyed seeing the flowers from your walk, Lynne. Quite lovely. The one of Rufus made me smile. :)

Tracey said...

Such a lovely flower-filled walk. Those grapes look glorious too.

Rufus looks so adorable amongst the blooms.
:)

Jane and Lance Hattatt said...

Hello Lynne:
How wonderful to be able to stroll through wildflower meadows so close to home. The blue Scabious is so very pretty, especially so when growing in natural drifts.

The photograph of your dog just peering over a sea of Cow Parsley is adorable.

Yiota said...

Rufus is a great model!
The pictures of the flowers are very beautiful! Thanks for taking us along.