Wednesday 7 December 2011

Second Day in Cumbria


My sister has been putting up the Christmas decorations.
Even the family cat has her own Santa.
I was back in Carlisle this morning.
I took a couple of photos of some of the decorations.
This one is outside the old town hall.
The sun was catching the panels on the front and casting a coloured light
across the ground.
Yes I did say sun.
Most unusual,
as it usually rains whenever I'm over here.


True to form,
after taking these photos,
I went to the library,
and when I left it was raining-
very hard.


This evening we've been celebrating my nephew's 18th birthday.
It's been nice being able to share it with him.

7 comments:

Connie said...

The kitty looks quite snug and cozy all curled up there with Santa. Very cute! Happy birthday to your nephew! :)

millefeuilles said...

Just to let you know I am thinking of you and hope/imagine you are having a wonderful time making memories to return to Germany with. Just hearing names such as Carlisle makes me feel quite nostalgic for the UK!

Stephanie

do you mind if i knit said...

What perfect snow you left behind in France, beautiful! You'll be experiencing our biting cold weather at the moment, it's tough isn't it! The little cat looks more like a little exotic tiger, those markings are amazing! We're looking forward to going and seeing the pandas when it gets a little warmer, so exciting! It looks like you're whizzing all over the country at the moment, have a lovely time. Vanessa xxx

Zuzana said...

It must be nice to be with your family.;) What a cute kitty indeed, so funny he/she loves his basket as my Sammy will never sleep in one.;)
Lovely images and a happy belated birthday to your nephew.;))
xoxo

red-handed said...

I like the wire shells more when they're not lit up. Is that strange?

Anonymous said...

Wishing your nephew a very special birthday! The sky was so blue to start with! Beautiful photos and of course, kitty is absolutely precious. Enjoy yourself!

Rustique Gal said...

Great Pictures~ I love the kitty in the Santa bowl. Cozy and sweet! Have a lovely Christmas!
Hugs,
Sherry