Friday 10 February 2012

A Bit of Colour on a Sparkly Day


Our main computer seems to have developed a virus making it unusable. So I'm on the second computer where I was browsing through some photos this morning. I came across these colourful photos and thought I would use them here.

The morning had a dull and icy start to it.So I waited for it to warm up a bit before taking the hounds out. Sure enough, the sun came out and it was lovely out, even warm, when all wrapped up of course.


After the walk, I then drove to the vets to get some more painkillers for Rufus. I saw the lady vet who treats all our hounds. She is lovely. She said she had just been thinking about Jewel (there is a photo of Jewel on the windowsill behind the receptionists counter), and was wondering how Rufus was. So I updated her.


To get to the vets, we have to travel upriver to Bernkastel and beyond. It's only a matter of about 6 miles. There are some locks on the river in the next village to us, and from then on, all the way to the vets, ice covered the river. Not only ice, but the snow that fell yesterday, making a river of white. It was spectacular, sparkling in the sun. Just a shame I didn't have the camera so I could have shown you.


So instead, I am showing you a bit of colour in the form of this throw that I made last year. These photos are dated the beginning of March, so I guess it's been finished for about a year.

Well I'm hoping the sun continues to shine over the weekend. It makes everything so much more cheery. Hope it's cheery for you, whatever the weather.


11 comments:

Kath said...

ooh all that colour. Reminds me of a bag of sweets..those sort of square ones, are they tutti-fruties?

Love to Rufus xx

Annie said...

Gorgeous colour to brighten a grey winter's day :D

Connie said...

Oh, it's beautiful, Lynne! I hope the sun continues to shine this weekend for you. :)

Anonymous said...

So nice to have a Vet that you like and trust. Big hugs to Rufus and all the hounds.
I love the pretty throw. The colors are so welcome during these last dreary months of winter!
Enjoy the weekend and I hope you get more sun!

Sarah said...

I agree with Maple Lane about the vet. We had a lovely German vet for a long time and she was the one who put our cat Boris to sleep. She was so kind and for such a horrible experience made it as best as possible. We have had a nice man vet for a long time now and I like him too. They are often much nicer than doctors I have encountered!
The river sounds beautiful. I can imagine it.
I like your throw-lovely colours.

What Remains Now said...

The colors of your throw are so beautiful. The colors of joy and happiness. I hope that Rufus is comfortable, and I know he is getting lots of lovin'.

Minerva said...

Just now catching up on your blog. So sorry to hear about Rufus. He is in the best care possible.

I didn't know that you crocheted. Lovely throw. Very cheery.

Zuzana said...

Thank you for that burst of colour.;)) And I love your new header as well, so spring like.;)
I feel sorry ever time I read about your dogs as I know how painful it must be for you...
Have a great Monday,
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Beautiful colours! It has been much milder here - it was 8 degrees when I was out this morning.

...Nina Nixon... said...

That is gorgeous and as it's just started raining here has definitely brightened up my afternoon.

Nina x

noelle said...

Such a colourful post, wish I had the time and patience to learn to crochet!! x