Wednesday 22 October 2014

Bleak day

Yesterday was a bleak day for us,
and I think these photos capture the mood that I was feeling.
 
 
I knew as I was taking them that Mike was on his way,
and at the vets
with Paddy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
It's the same walk I did with Paddy, Jewel and Rufus,
all lost to osteosarcoma now,
back in August 2008
After we'd walked round the tarn,
we went into the tea room for a cup of tea,
no cake for me.
The very same place
where Paddy
finished off someone's ice cream that they had dropped.
Fond memories.
 
 
 


7 comments:

Kath said...

I had often heard the phrase "with a heavy heart". I did not know that feeling until I lost Ellie and my sadness felt like a physical weight around my heart. Memories are a sweet pain. I imagine you are feeling the same way.
No words can help, but please know that your friend many miles away understands and sends love.

Unknown said...

Ah, that brought a tear to my eye and that well-known-lump-now to my throat.Wish we were together right now.
Kath - I don't know you, but thank you for your kind words. You clearly understand the bitter-sweet nature of sharing your life with greyhounds.Mike

Kath said...

Hello Mike, I think the man who wrote about "giving your heart to a dog to tear", was himself a dog owner. No doubt about it.
I know greyhounds have a rough deal. Bred purely for the racing industry, they are discarded at a young age, like a disposable item and they aren't all as lucky as your greys. These beautiful dogs deserve all the love and comfort their new families can give them.

Connie said...

Oh Lynne, I'm so sorry. Thinking of you and sending you hugs.

Annie Cholewa said...

Bleak images, but beautiful too.

They bring so much joy and love into our lives, these hounds of ours, when they leave us how could we not be bereft.

Thinking of you Lynne x

Sarah said...

Hi Lynne,
I had not seen this due to not much computer time recently. I am so sorry that Paddy is gone. x

BadPenny said...

Sad news about dear Paddy x